Tech Data Expands Offerings in RECON Security Suite
Enhanced suite of security offerings strengthens IT security for small and mid-size businesses in the U.S. and Canada
CLEARWATER, Fla., June 28, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Tech Data (Nasdaq: TECD) today announced new offerings as part of its RECON™ Security Suite, aimed at providing affordable security solutions that solve unique challenges for partners. Comprising products and services from a variety of fast-growing, independent software vendors and Tech Data security engineers, the newly fortified RECON Security Suite has added several innovative, focused solutions to meet the demands of the market in the U.S. and Canada.
RECON is a suite of subscription- or consulting-based security products and services, covering a range of security threat vectors. It offers emerging growth vendors the opportunity to leverage the collective expertise and market reach of the Tech Data portfolio to promote their solutions, and plays a critical role in the Tech Data Practice Builder™ methodology, which assists channel partners in expanding security sales.
In addition to the original 24x7 security monitoring service, now called RECON™ SOC and delivered by CYBERShark™, the suite now includes the following subscription-based security solutions:
- RECON™ Policy – Security policy documentation resources including incident response guidelines, awareness-training materials, sample cybersecurity roadmaps and more to help companies implement information security.
- RECON™ Radar – Discovers, fingerprints and inventories all IT and IoT devices and then monitors the behavior of network devices for indicators of compromise or sabotage and provides direct response to neutralize the threats.
- RECON™ Priority – Provides cyber-threat intelligence, mined from the dark web, to prioritize vulnerabilities and security threats in customers' environments and assist in prioritizing patches that customers should apply to their critical business systems.
- RECON™ ProServ – Catalog of comprehensive security services offered by Tech Data and its trusted security partners, providing convenience and visibility for end customers.
- RECON™ Risk – Assesses security risk by inputting quantitative capabilities and financial data into an insurance-grade algorithm to inform company executives on the financial benefits of mitigating a security limitation or the risk/cost of not expending resources to mitigate that security vulnerability.
- RECON™ Restore – A set of backup/recovery offerings that play a key role in recovering from zero-day or ransomware attacks.
"The strengthened RECON Security Suite represents our latest investment in value-added capabilities from security vendors that may not yet be well known, but deliver powerful point solutions," said Alex Ryals, vice president, Security Solutions, at Tech Data. "RECON is ideal for partners that are starting or expanding their security practices. These ready-made, subscription-based security solutions are easy to sell and support without having to take on the risk of complex integration involved with some of the larger security vendors—while providing the real-world capabilities that end users need today."
The RECON Security Suite is aligned to the NIST Cybersecurity framework, which provides guidance around critical security areas that companies should address. It is built to help businesses assess and improve their ability to prevent, detect and respond to cyberattacks using a holistic set of proven security solutions. The vendors delivering point solutions within the RECON Security Suite include Arx Nimbus, BlackStratus, CYR3CON, Pwnie Express and Security Colony.
"RECON plays an important role in our company's holistic approach to determining which cybersecurity solutions are right for our customers," said Lewis Needham, senior vice president, Sales and Operations, ATEC Group, an IT support and technology services provider. "Tech Data has consistently demonstrated its commitment to providing the most effective security offerings to help us to build the strongest security postures for our end-user clientele."
To find out more about the RECON Security Suite, contact your Tech Data sales representative, email SecurityServices@techdata.com or call (800) 237-8931.
About Tech Data
Tech Data connects the world with the power of technology. Our end-to-end portfolio of products, services and solutions, highly specialized skills, and expertise in next-generation technologies enable channel partners to bring to market the products and solutions the world needs to connect, grow and advance. Tech Data is ranked No. 83 on the Fortune 500® and has been named one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies for nine straight years. To find out more, visit www.techdata.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Public Relations Manager, Americas
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tech-data-expands-offerings-in-recon-security-suite-300673848.html
SOURCE Tech Data Corporation